The Marion community is invited to participate in a FREE training course to gain a better understanding of how the child protection system addresses issues of abuse and neglect. The training is intended to increase knowledge about child abuse and neglect and the reporting and assessment process. Our goal is to create awareness in the community and contribute to the protection of abused and neglected children.
Two types of training are available:
- 3 hour Refresher – Typically what people from the public really want to know; why the agency is or isn’t intervening, what constitutes abuse, and when someone should call in reports of suspected abuse.
- 6 hour Initial – Typically for day care providers and others who work with children on a regular basis.
All trainings are held at Marion County Children Services: 1680 Marion-Waldo Rd.
This is a free training for those living and/or working in Marion County. (There is a small fee for out of county residents or agencies; $15 for 3 hours and $25 for 6 hours.) Payment must be received day of training.
2022 Training Schedule:
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022
- Friday, April 8, 2022
- Thursday, August 18, 2022
- Saturday, October 15, 2022
3 hour Refresher: 9 AM – Noon
6 hour Initial: 9 AM – 4 PM
Please email email@example.com to register, or to receive information on how you can schedule a private training for your organization.