Thank you for your interest in serving on the Marion County Children Services Board (hereinafter MCCSB). Members of the MCCSB are responsible for defining the mission, goals, and scope of the agency’s programs and services. This process encompasses the requirements set forth in the Ohio Revised Code and Ohio Administrative Code. The agency mission, purpose, and services are defined and maintained in such a way as to meet the needs of the community and the population which is served by the agency. MCCSB is responsible for formulating agency policy and maintaining such policies in accordance to the standards of best practice. MCCSB provides financial oversight to ensure sound financial practices, structure, and staffing for the agency’s purpose and programs. Oversight is also provided to ensure that the agency’s policies and performance uphold the interests of clients. Specifically, such oversight is provided to support the agency in accomplishing defined goals and objectives towards the prevention, identification, and protection of abused, neglected and dependent children.
The MCCSB is responsible for the selection and evaluation of a professionally qualified executive director. Full responsibility of the management of day-to-day operations is delegated to the executive director for developing standards of best practice for the administration and operation of agency programs and MCCSB policies.
The MCCSB takes no direct responsibility for agency administration or service provision. MCCSB member involvement in social services is limited to the development, approval, and oversight of service policies.
The MCCSB works in cooperation with the executive director to effectively administer the agency mission, purpose, and goals. The specific responsibilities of the MCCSB, executive director, and agency staff are distinct in practice, but interdependent in mission. MCCSB members provide support to the executive director and assist in educating the community regarding the agency’s mission, purpose, and goals.
Responsibilities of the MCCSB:
- Be familiar with programs and services that the agency provides and monitor to ensure consistency with the agency’s mission;
- Provide oversight and support to ensure all MCCS programs, services, and activities follow Federal, State, and Local statutes/mandates/regulations;
- Revise policies, in cooperation with the executive director, under which the agency will be managed with regard to fiscal, personnel, community education, and program;
- Ensure the agency maintains legal and ethic integrity;
- Support the executive director in his/her role and provide with clear expectations;
Responsibilities of the MCCSB continued:
- Help establish long and short term goals for the agency;
- Support the allocation of funding sufficient to administer the agency’s programs and services to address community needs;
- Ensure that the number, composition, and training of agency personnel is sufficient to carry out the agency’s programs and services;
- Review MCCSB performance and recruit and orient new MCCSB members; and
- Seek community support for MCCS and clearly communicate the agency’s mission, purpose, services, and goals to the community.
Responsibilities of Individual Board Members:
- Serve, as needed, in leadership roles and help with special assignments;
- Be prepared to actively participate in MCCSB meetings;
- Adhere to confidentiality and conflict of interest statutes;
- Support and advise executive director, as needed;
- Adhere to by-laws and maintain good ethical practice as a MCCSB member;
- Represent MCCS in the community and promote a positive image of the agency; and
- Ensure any public comment, including social networking communication, does not negatively impact the reputation of MCCS or in any way disparages the children and families served by the agency or its community partners.
Regular meetings are scheduled at noon on the third Friday of each month. All meetings are held at Marion County Children Services, unless otherwise noted. The MCCSB may re-schedule or at the call of the chair, may meet at another time of location provided such meetings meet the criteria in the Ohio Revised Code 121.22.
Please complete and submit the below application for Marion County Children Services Board.
**Applications will be reviewed by the MCCSB at the next regular meeting.**